Wednesday, November 05, 2014

every sort of light

( Auden, Macaulay, Wordsworth,
Moss, Masefield,Henley, Eliot, Yeats,
Thomas, Joseph, Betjeman, Johnson,
Kipling, Longfellow, Wilcox )

by Roberto Lavidez

thousands
are still
asleep
dreaming
of terrifying
monsters
while the
earth’s
bounds
reel and
shake
lest
battered
too long
our walls
and we
should
break…
should
break
my heart
leaps up
when I
behold
a rainbow
in the sky
veering
through
rapids in
a vapid
rapido
to view
the new
moon
from a
ruin on
the Lido
and all
I ask
is a
windy
day with
the white
clouds
flying
and the
flung spray
and the
blown
spume
and the
sea-gulls
crying
under the
bludgeonings
of chance
my head
is bloody
but unbowed
while I
stand on
the roadway
or on the
pavement’s
gray
I hear it
in the
deep
heart’s
core
there’s
every sort
of light
you can
make it
dark or
bright
its silence
I hear
and obey
that I
may lose
my way
and myself
I shall
go out
in my
slippers
in the rain
and pick
the flowers
in other
people’s
gardens
and learn
to spit
beg
pardon
I’m soiling
the doileys
with
afternoon
tea-cakes
drink
to me
only with
thine eyes
and I will
pledge with
mine
and if
you can
dream
and not
make
dreams
your master
if you can
think-
and not
make
thoughts
your aim
and in
the wreck
of noble
lives
something
immortal
still
survives!
sing
and the
hills
will
answer
sigh
it is lost
on the air

©robertolavidez2014  













No comments:

Post a Comment