Friday, November 07, 2014

stuck with
unknowing

(Morse, McCaslin, Boskic, Lau,
Kenney, Holme, Rose, Gardiner,
Hagen, Schneberg, Roberts, Braid,
Rian, Reimer, McHugh)   

by Roberto Lavidez

to Proust off
disaster
to Proust
ourselves
off in
shower
of circling
image
stuck with
unknowing
all these
years
I wonder
blind
I will
walk on
earth
it will
rain
endlessly
I will
drown
unaware
I could
have fallen
forward
forever
the air
tasting
like honey
stillness
opening
at the
centre
of my
body
I am
infected
with dreams
at the
first moon
of conquest
I respectfully
request
to be
killed
I cannot
say
whose
empty
house
it was
that burned
throughout
the wrinkled
night
there was
no Canadian
hush of
things
not to be
talked
about
not all
of them
ignored
genocide
someone
is stealing
anatomies
skin of fish
bones of
bird
a step
toward loss
no colors
the glass
the leaves
the branches
all gray
charred
bodies
resurrect
themselves
noticing
a faint smell
of smoke
in their
sleek hair
for some
a seed of
instinct
suggesting
something
else
may
eventually
begin
your skin
fizzes with
the hot
and cold of
possibility
on this earth
it is always
morning
somewhere
as if we were
Baudelaire
surely Focault
never drank
so much coffee
in one sitting
and Virginia
Woolf wrote
in spite of
and not
because
of her
depression
teach us
to bear life’s
senselessness
and our own
insignificance
let’s call that
sanity

©robertolavidez2014  













No comments:

Post a Comment