Thursday, November 27, 2014

when am I not
Saul Williams

by Roberto Lavidez


if I am now
when am I
not?
I am
the storm
that will
make your
sunny days
unbearable
there is
no escape
from the
time and
place
where
fiction
occurs
the game
of happily
ever after
love is
a cruel
farce
I cry out
from the
sinew
out from the
agonized
clutch
of my chest
there is a
meditation
on dying
on mornings
when a song
is played
and the
only crying
of bitter
pain is
pressed
into pillows
suddenly
everything is
so comforting
lakes frozen
to the
bottom
a forest
cathedral
a trembling
voice
that sings
there was
no way
to say
goodbye
that last day
I tried
the guilt
that I feel
is freedom
I say
I am
the apple
that announces
the gravity
of a given
situation
how sad
it is
to be
revered
by everyone
except those
your heart
bleeds
for the
most
if we could
stop and smell
the flowers
we planted
long ago
maybe
I will
find it
under
the rug
or swept
into a corner
that I
never visit
are we
so loving
that we love
what hates us
that we love
what breaks us
who told you
you could
expose
your wings

©robertolavidez2014  










No comments:

Post a Comment