Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Edward Thomas
out of the wood
of thoughts

by Roberto Lavidez

I have
come
a long way
today
on a
strange
bridge
alone
some eyes
condemn
the earth
they gaze
upon
some wait
patiently
till they know
far more
than earth
can tell them
time swims
before me
making as
a day
a thousand
years
I could
not be
as the sun
nor should
I be
content
to be
as little
as the bird
or as
mighty
as the sun
we look and
understand
we cannot
speak
except in
trifles
and words
the most
weak
it is enough
to smell
to crumble
the dark
earth
the oak
saw the
ages
pass in
the forest
they were
a host
but their
memories
are lost
if I flew
now
to another
world
I’d fall
I sought
for nests
wild flowers
oak
sticks
and moles
both far
and near
out of the
wood of
thoughts
that grows
by night
to be
cut down
by the
sharp axe
of light
from
somewhere
in the
bushes
by a bird
over and
over again
a pure
thrush word
sometimes
a thought
is drowned
by it
sometimes
out of it
climbs
all thoughts
begin
or end
upon this
sound
and all
was earth’s
or all
was sky’s
no difference
endured
between
the two
if I should
lose my
head
why…
I should
want nothing
more

©robertolavidez2014  



















No comments:

Post a Comment