Wednesday, September 24, 2014

life and life and life

A.Bierce, E. Blunden, I. Rosenberg, E. Browning,
E. Follen, J.Curran, O. Equiano, B. Jonson, G. Wither,
R. L’Estrange, J. Suckling, E. Jones, R. Emmet,
B. Bunting, H. MacDiarmid, C. McKay 

by Roberto Lavidez

life and life
and life
agrope in
the dusk
in pause
and stillness
of the early
prime
stood thinking
of the past
and present
time
if sadly
thinking
with spirits
sinking
could more
than drinking
my cares
compose
though
my head
in the dust
may be lying
and bad men
exult o’er
my fall
I shall
smile
at them
if we
must die
let it
not be
like hogs
hunted and
penned
in an
inglorious
spot
to live
or die
beg only I
just powers
some end
me give
and traitor
like
thus force
me not
without
a heart
to live
in ev’ry
field
in ev’ry
lane and
street
in ev’ry
house
almost in
ev’ry place
with cries
and tears
and loud
complaints
we meet
and each
one thinks
his own
the saddest
case
dangers
were always
in my path
and fear
of wrath and
sometimes
death;
while pale
dejection
in me
reigned
I often
wept
by grief
constrained
I sit in
solitude
and only
hear
long silent
laughters
murmurings
of dismay
the lost
intensities
of hope
and fear
I know not
if it was
a dream
I came
unto a land
where
something
seemed
the same
my soul
is free
as the
ambient air
although
my baser
part’s
immured
whilst loyal
thoughts
do still
repair to
accompany
my solitude
I have
no wife
no parent
child
ally
to give my
substance to
but whom
I make
must be
my heir
and this
makes men
observe me
the function
as it seems
to me
o poetry
is to bring
to be
at lang
lang last
that unity…
the Mason
stirs: 
words!
pens are
too light
take a
chisel
to write
every
birth
a crime
every
sentence
life
ah, where
is now
my peaceful
cot?
ah, where
my happy
home?

©robertolavidez2014























No comments:

Post a Comment