Thursday, September 25, 2014


G.M. Hopkins
one word more

by Roberto Lavidez

there is
a day
of all
the year
when life
revisits me
nerve and
vein
in the
staring
darkness
I can hear
the harshness
of the
cold wind
blowing
my own
heart
let me
more
have pity
on;
let me live
to my
sad self
hereafter
kind
charitable
when waking
hearts can
pardon much
and hard men
feel a
softening
touch
what makes
the man
and what
the man
within
that makes:
I have
desired
to go
where
springs
not fail
to fields
where flies
no sharp
and sided
hail
and a few
lilies blow
give beauty
back
beauty
beauty
beauty
back to god
beauty’s self
and beauty’s
giver
it does
amaze me
when the
clicking hour
clings on
the stroke
of death
that I can
smile
your comfort
is as sharp
as swords
and I cry out
for wounded
love
what would
the world be
once bereft
of wet and
of wildness?
let them
be left
o let them
be left
wildness
and wet;
now one
word more
and then
I am gone
indeed
warn’d by
the bright
procession
of the stars
I did not
mean
to sleep
but found
I had slept
a little and
was chill
while a
subtle spirit
and rare
breathe
as in the
mysterious
air
above me
round me lie
fronting my
forward eye
with sweet
and scarless
sky

©robertolavidez2014






















No comments:

Post a Comment