Sunday, October 05, 2014

Tennyson on 
a broken wing

by Roberto Lavidez

my life
has crept
so long
on a broken
wing
thro’ cells
of madness
haunts of
horror
and fear
I have
forgotten
what I
meant:
my mind
stumbles
and all my
faculties
are lamed
so many
worlds
so much
to do
so little
done
such things
to be
half
the night
I waste
in sighs
half in
dreams
I sorrow
after
when in
the down
I sink
my head
sleep
death’s
twin-brother
times
my breath
yes
as your
moanings
witness
and myself
am lonelier
darker
earthlier
for my loss
so runs
my dream:
but what
am I
an infant
crying
in the
night
so to bring
relief to this
which is our
common
grief
what kind
of life
is that
I lead
the woods
decay
the woods
decay and
fall
and idle
gleams
will come
and go
but still
the clouds
remain
woman
disturb me
not now
at the last
but let me
hold my
purpose
till I die
mere matter
of the fancy
now hath
grown
the vast
necessity
of heart
and life
I will not
eat my
heart alone
nor feed
with sighs
a passing
wind
my own
dim life
should teach
me this
that life
shall live
for evermore
whatever
I have
said or sung
some bitter
notes
my harp
would give
go not
happy day
from the
shining fields
go not
happy day
till the
maiden
yields
behold
I dream
a dream
of good
and mingle
all the
world
with thee
and ah
for a man
to arise
in me
that the
man
I am
may cease
to be
the memory
like a
cloudless air
the conscience
as a sea
at rest
a thousand
suns will
stream
on thee
a thousand
moons
will quiver

©robertolavidez2014














No comments:

Post a Comment