Sunday, September 21, 2014

Puerto Rican medley

(Zavala, Velez, Rivera, Torres, Pinero, Ambert,
Laviera, Agueros, Collado, Bercedoniz, Margenat,
De Burgos, Benitez, Morales, Vega)

by Roberto Lavidez

this poetry
is bored
with solitude
it wants
to chew
on winds
and fill
its periods
with rolls
of tobacco
leaves
while my
swiftly
speeding
pen
breathes
its last
farewell
and end
to my joys
slipping
away
just once
before
I die
I want to
climb up
on a
tenement
sky
to dream
my lungs
out till
I cry
then scatter
my ashes
thru the
Lower East
Side
what shall I
be called
when all
remains
of me
is a
memory
upon a rock
of a
deserted
isle?
I woke up
wandering
in outer
space
than living
in this
world
ocean eyes
followed
interacting
within
screaming
above
searching
underneath
I writhe
unrelenting
lust
howls at
my breast
with canticles
of desire
there is
nothing in
our souls
that is not
echo
there’s no
oblivion
in this
reiteration
that gives
breath to
our days
they’re
going to
judge me
in leisurely
analysis
the voice
of pledges
of rhetorical
affection
the body
of language
lies fully
stretched
out here:
its ambiguous
succulence
demands
I touch it
where none
and as all
others have
they’re
coming
though
you may
still think
not
the times
when ideas
spread
from spot
to spot
look at me
with your
pelagic
glance
when your
shore
changes
in my
murmurings
to think
alone
to think
as all the
gathered
forces of
creation
think
and so
alone
alone
my revolution
fits so well
sometimes
I don’t
know
I’m
wearing it

©robertolavidez2014














No comments:

Post a Comment