Saturday, September 20, 2014


Guillen, red
with flames

by Roberto Lavidez

I am
walking
I meet
dreamy
horses
dreamy
vendors
dreamy
home-
bound
drunks
I fall
I cry
I stumble
on the
men of
yesterday
how could I
one day
tear
through
that
hermetic
cage
the blue
seal and
come out
on the
endless
sky
fill the
empty
cup of love
mix
let’s all
mix alcohol
and laughter
blood
 sighs
bones
hearts and
kisses
suns and
lightning
flashes
blood
shines
on the
breast
of a cloud
that moves
slow in the
overcast sky
I am
walking
I meet
dreamy
horses
dreamy
vendors
dreamy
home-bound
drunks
I fall
I cry
I stumble
on the men
of yesterday
I feel
immense
night
fall on
profound
beasts
on innocent
castigated
souls
I come
from walking
far and
I remain
with my
people
I come
with my
memories
I come
with my
wounds
and my
verse
in what
language
do you
understand
me?
should I
address you
finally
in yes
in si
in bien
in well
in mal
in bad…
in very
bad?
and what
about
the rest
the other
thing
what we
would talk
about
my friend?
we’ve simply
grown up
we’ve grown…
but we don’t
forget
oh
dawn
of time
in flames!
oh sea
oh sea of
overflowing
blood!
I know
there will
come men
whose lives
are green
my ancestral
jungle
with their
pain
open like
a cross
and their
breasts
red with
flames
here
we are!
the word
comes to us
moist from
the forest
and a vital
sun arises
in our veins
but the
voices
lie in wait
trick me
surround me
knife me
and
bleed me
aren’t there
many distant
things that
still seem
close
but are now
definitively
dead?
the voice
of a guitar
hangs
in the air
it dreams
and cries

©robertolavidez2014

















No comments:

Post a Comment