Thursday, July 31, 2014

words fallen
from Tennyson

by Roberto Lavidez

what words
are these
have fallen
from me
sought far less
for truth
than power
in knowledge
we live within
the stranger’s
land
better to me
the meanest
weed that
blows upon
its mountain
for always
roaming with
a hungry heart
much have I
seen and
known
and now
there is
but one
of all
my blood
who will
embrace me
in the
world-to-be
we that are
plagued with
dreams of
something
sweet
beyond all
sweetness in
a life so rich
and ever
the wind blew
and yellowing
leaf and gloom
and gleam
and round
from all
the world
the voices came
we know not
and we know
not why
we moan
the years
will roll into
the centuries
and mine will
ever be
a name
of scorn
the crime
of sense
became
the crime
of malice
and is
equal blame
the phantom
husks of
something
foully done
and fleeting
thro’ the
boundless
universe
I climb
the hill
from end
to end
of all the
landscape
underneath
then flew in
a dove and
brought
a summons
from the sea
one would
think
that it well
might drown
all life
in the eye
felt at
my heart
and seemed
to charm
from thence
the wrath
I nursed
against
the world
but sometimes
in the
falling day
an image
seemed
to pass
the door
to catch
a dragon in
a cherry net
to trip
a tigress with
a gossamer
but I remain’d
whose hopes
were dim
whose life
whose thoughts
were little
worth
I was left
alone and
thirsting
in a land
of sand
and thorns
that shadow
waiting with
the keys
to shroud me
from my
proper scorn
so closed
our tale
of which
I give you all
the random
scheme
as wildly
as it rose
till all
at once
beyond
the will
I hear
a wizard
music roll

©robertolavidez2014















No comments:

Post a Comment