Friday, August 01, 2014

Yeats in the air

by Roberto Lavidez

I have
ranged in
rambling talk
with
an image
of air
vague
memories
nothing but
vague
memories
wound in
mind’s
wandering
as mummies
in the
mummy
cloth are
wound
my bodily
heirs may
find to
exalt a
lonely mind
befitting
emblems
of adversity
things
fall apart
the centre
cannot hold
mere anarchy
is loosed upon
the world
being too busy
in the air and
the high air
they cannot
hear my voice
but what’s
the meaning?
all thought
becomes
an image
and the soul
becomes
a body
I am not
afraid
while there’s
a rope
to run into
a noose
or wave
to drown
many times
man lives
and dies
between his
two eternities
heart smitten
with emotion
I sink down
my heart
recovering with
covered eyes
to this
and that and
t’other thing
deliver from
the crime
of death
and birth
remember
all those
renowned
generations
whether
they take
the upper
road
or stay
content
on the low
they left
their bodies
to fatten
the wolves
poor men
have grown
to be rich
and rich men
grown to be
poor again
I might
have thrown
poor words
away
and been
content
to live
and play
the bagpipes
in a golden
and silver
wood
none other
knows what
pleasures
man at table
or in bed
and I will
talk before
I sleep
and drink
before
I talk
rivers are
running over
with red beer
and brown
beer
while I must
work because
I am old
and the seed
of the fire
gets feeble
and cold
we tire
of the flame
of the meteor
before it
can fade
and flee
it’s certain
there is no
fine thing
since Adam’s
fall but
need much
laboring
come fix
upon me that
accusing eye
I thirst for
accusation
light is
man’s love
and lighter
is man’s
rage
does the
imagination
dwell
the most
upon a
woman won
or woman lost?
because
I have a
marvelous
thing to say
a certain
marvelous
thing

©robertolavidez2014















No comments:

Post a Comment