Saturday, July 26, 2014

Were you to ask Neruda

by Roberto Lavidez

I utter
and I am
and without
speaking
I approach
the limit
of words
I’ll tell
you
everything
that’s
happening
with me
were you
to ask
where I
come from
I would have
to talk with
shattered
things
until it
plunges
itself
like a
nocturnal
carnation
the brightness
that falls on
my senses
the earthen
splendor
of life
so let
no one be
perturbed
when I seem
to be alone
drunk with
the great
starry void
likeness
image of
mystery
comes
a time
I’m tired
of my feet
and my
fingernails
and my hair
give me
silence
water
hope
give me
struggle
iron
volcanoes
if I remember
anything in
my life
it was an
afternoon
in India
on the banks
of a river
there my
loneliness
stretches
and burns
all that
you leave
are crushed
shards of
remains
between
shadow
and space
between
harnesses
and virgins
the sea
comes and
reunites
our lives
and attacks
and divides
and sings
alone
and that’s
how it was
something
that runs
and falls
and passes
it fades
it sheds
its leaves
it gets lost
in the streets
the energy
of your
white
language
smashing and
overturning
its own
columns
in its
purifying
acts of
demolition
unfortunately
I’ve nothing
to give you
but melted
pianos
I went
wandering
between
the streets
and the
atmosphere
arriving and
saying
goodbye
you saw
the world
birds filled
with syllables
starry dew
time upon
time
and man
where was
he

©robertolavidez2014














No comments:

Post a Comment