Saturday, January 03, 2015

an endless sum
of Borges

by Roberto Lavidez

if there is
no beginning
no ending
and if what
awaits us
is an endless
sum of
white days
and black 
nights
we are 
already
the past
we become
then my
life is
a flight
and I will
lose all
and all
will belong
to oblivion
or to that
other
we live
discovering
and forgetting
that sweet
familiarity
of the night
the ancient
name of
a street
the colourations
of a map
an unforeseen
etymology
a book
a dream
reveals that
they are
forms in
a dream
once dreamt
in Brittany
the moon
of these
nights
is not
the moon
the first
Adam saw
let the
glaciers of
oblivion
take and
engulf me
mercilessly
the reddened
mirror 
facing to 
the west
where burns
illusory dawn
fate
permits me
the gift
of choosing
for once
that silent
flower
where will
the rose
in your hand
exist that
lavishes
without
knowing
intimate gifts
the slowly
leaves
recall a child
who gravely
dreams
vague things
he cannot
understand
at dawn
I seem
to hear
a turbulent
murmur of
multitudes
who slip away
tonight
the moon
bright circle
fails to
dominate
space
I know
the customs
and souls
and that
dialect
of allusions
that every
human
gathering
goes weaving
at dawn
I gaze
at my hands
in my hands
the veins
there
in the
twilight
there persists
what’s almost
non-existent
bold
sad
an ancient
murmur
of bibles
war
I’ll erase the
accumulated
past
I’ll make
dust of
history
dust of dust
the afternoon
you gaze on
prove your
last
I think
of things
that weren’t
but might
have been
assiduously
I plot
these lines
in twilight
emptiness
a man
who as
Voltaire
wished
cultivate
his garden

©robertolavidez2014  




















No comments:

Post a Comment