Sunday, December 21, 2014


what am I to do with it?

(Akhmatova, Mayakovsky, Voznesensky,
Pasternak, Khlebnikov, Mandestam, Pasternak)

by Roberto Lavidez

these days
we’ve got
to take
brass
knuckles
and split
the world’s
skull open
in everything
I feel like
reaching
straight
to the
heart
of the
matter
dreams
are a harm
and it’s
useless to
fantasize
like a
burden
henceforth
superfluous
the shadows
of songs
and passions
have
disappeared
through the
silence
sails
a soundless
chorus of
midnight
birds
I want
to go home
to the
enormity
of the
apartment
that inspires
sadness
a body
is given
to me
what am  I
to do
with it
so whole
and so
much
mine?
to leave the
handwriting
of my dust
on the stern
windows
like an
inmate’s
autograph
what are you?
what?!
you look
with longing
into books
through 
windows
but where
are you
there?
I would
have laid
out
verses
like a
garden
trembling
in all their
veins
streets
are our
paintbrushes
public squares
our palettes
you think
on the
cheeks of
the café
it’s the sun
that lovingly
caresses
love
love
love
madly love
love itself
as the
windows
dissolve
into the
garden
and suck
in the lilac

©robertolavidez2014  





























No comments:

Post a Comment