Sunday, December 07, 2014

let me drown
my sorrows

( Fu, Shen, Shangyin, Changqing,
Yengwu, Qi, Yu, Binwang, Haoran,
Tingyun, Zhen, Zhizhang )

by Roberto Lavidez

I’m an
old man
and I do
not know
where I
shall be
heading
looking
east
towards
my old
home
the road
stretching
on and on
I can no
longer
dry my
tears
my heart
is broken
in pieces
so let me
drown my
sorrows
in countless
pints of
Xinfeng ale
there is
no way of
knowing
the ways
of the
world
learn
drinking
songs
instead
the affairs
of the
world
are in
disarray
and hard
for me
to assess
I have
offered up
verses
for ten
years now
but nothing
has come
of them
the road
to heaven
is dim and
dangerous
hard to
clamber up
sad
so sad
at the
pointless
way
I have
wasted
time
in hope
no one
believes in
creatures
noble and
pure
who will
convey
what is in
this heart
of mine
a cold wind
blows in the
emptiness
the moonlight
spreads
in waves
left out
and lonely
what am I
hoping for
anyway
facing the
autumn
waves
I weep
in vain
at the river
my eyes
will just
stay open
wide
all through
the night
to make up
for the fact
that during
your life
you always
furrowed
your brows
they laugh
and ask
where
have you
come from
stranger?

©robertolavidez2014  






















No comments:

Post a Comment