Friday, November 21, 2014

Soviet writers
laugherize laughily

( Khlebnikov, Akhmatova,
Pasternak, Voznesensky,
Mandelstam )

by Roberto Lavidez

it is to
tear away
the outer layer
from objects
to see
the world
without it’s
wrappings
vicious
schemes
and bargee
walls
clearings
dissolve
into us
as night
dissolves day
as the windows
dissolve into
the garden
and suck in
the lilac
and only
kisses are
left to us
as fuzzy as
the little bees
that die when
they leave
their hive
what if
the universe
must wear
a mask
what if
there are
no latitudes
that don’t
ask to have
their mouths
puttied up
for the
winter?
you and I
are a
mountain
of grief…
you and I
will never
meet
it seems
to me
I am
speeding
in a cart
in a jolting
dash across
a frozen
field
my life
has been
secretly
changed
and flows
along
another
course
past other
landmarks
and I
do not
know
my banks
o laugh
it out
you laughletes!
that laugh
with laughs
that laugherize
laughily
slowly
I get out
my glasses
and it’s really
as though
the chimneys
craned
their necks
and the
muse’s barely
heard voice…
and we will
cherish
this hardly
audible
rustle of
feet for a
thousand
years…
then at night
poetry
I’ll squeeze
you dry
to the
health
of my
greedy
paper
I’ll pass
as image
enters into
image
and as one
object
cuts through
another
it’s a disgrace
and signifies
nothing
to be the
story on
everyone’s
lips
it is
unbearable
when
undressed
in all the
posters
in all the
papers
having
forgotten
that there is
a heart
in the
centre
the more
I thought:
and I too
out of crude
weight
will some day
create a thing
of beauty
for the quiet
joy of living
and breathing
tell me
to whom
should I
offer
thanks?

©robertolavidez2014  
























No comments:

Post a Comment