Monday, October 27, 2014

my name is
Might-have been
Daniel Gabriel Rossetti

by Roberto Lavidez

I was
a child
beneath
her touch-
a man
when breast
to breast
we clung
her smiles
her glances’
sweet recall
of love
her murmuring
sighs
memorial
o to-day
and the day
to come after!
loose me
love –
give breath
to my
laughter!
her eyes
were like
the wave
within
like
water-reeds
the poise
of her
soft body
dainty
thin
her voice
was swift
yet ever
the last
words
fell
lingeringly
well
I suppose
it was hard
to part
for here
I am
and now
sweetheart
you seem
too tired
to get
to bed
shall we
not lie
as we
have lain
thus for
love’s sake
and sleep
and wake
yet never
break
the chain?
not in
thy body
is thy life
at all
but in
this lady’s
lips and
hands
and eyes
shall not
we at
the sun’s
hour
that day
possess
the shade
and claim
our fruit
before
its ripeness
fade and
eat it
from the
branch
and praise
the tree?
unto
my lady
still
this harp
makes
moan
and still
she deems
the cadence
deep and
clear
making me
rich with
every tone
and touch
of the dear
heaven
so long
unkown
that filled
my dreams
with flame
gather
a shell
from the
strown
beach and
listen at
its lips
they sigh
the same
desire and
mystery
the echo
of the whole
sea’s speech
so it is
my dear
all such
things touch
secret things
for heavy
hearts
to hear
so it is
my dear
look in
my face
my name is
Might-have
been
I am also
called
No-more
Too-late
Farewell
like a
vapour
wan and
mute
like a flame
so let it
pass

©robertolavidez2014













No comments:

Post a Comment