Friday, January 09, 2015

Words
Words
Words

(Bardo Thodol, Homer, de Sa Carneiro,
Macedo, Juhasz, Bonnefoy, Eluard, Amichai,
Seneca, Orghast, Schehade, Pilinszky, Sorescu,
Pennati, Medici, Ovid, Wedekind, Aeschylus,
Lorca, Sidran, Racine, Euripides, Pushkin)

by Roberto Lavidez

what has
happened
to me?
what has
happened?
a surge
would
uproot me
and shatter
me on
rock-edges
sluicing
my whole
trouble
to nothing
I want
to pull
myself
together
but go on
disintegrating
I fight
I enforce
useless
I float off
when
the mirror
is broken
open
your
nakedness
and mine
whisper
together
against us
everyday
a hundred
bullets
blast me
off my
feet
every day
get up
a hundred
times
more whole
the eyes
wind on
what
fleetings
of death
and it is
us in this
wind
in this
water
in this
cold
now
you rise
the water
opens
you lie
down
the water
spreads
but through
the wound
on my chest
God peers
into the
world
from the
beginning
to the end
the road is
laid down
human
scheming
is futile
kshhmaibya
geus
urva
gerezhda
kahmai
ma
thwarozhdum
ke
ma
i-e
i-e-o
i-e
a-e-u-i
ni-e
nia-e-ka!
those
black birds!
everywhere
I go
the crows
are watching
you comb
your hair
in the
mirror
silently
as in
a coffin
of glass
suddenly
a whistle
shrieks out
behind a
passer-by
master of
the sense
of emptiness
and of
the sense
of fullness
the tiny ant
brings
the sun’s
flame
burning
and clear
out of the
ancient caves
she murmured:
which god
jealous of
beautiful
youth
plots now
to slay
this one?
it’ suddenly
so dark
I can’t see
my hand
in front
 of my face
look there
now
a heart
pounding
thick with
hatred
behind the
door
the moon
leaves
a knife
hanging
in the sky
an ambush
of lead
that lies
in wait
for the
agony of
blood
the night
is unreal
quiet
like hell
which
does not
exist
all my
studied care
to preserve
myself
has brought
me
to this
I have lost
myself
I search
but I cannot
find myself
words!
don’t
you see
what has
happened?
with the
word
burn the
hearts of
the people

©robertolavidez2015 
















No comments:

Post a Comment