Saturday, October 11, 2014

Die Hard
Lawrence

by Roberto Lavidez

farewell
farewell
despedida!
the last of
my days
is gone
…it is dark
and the
door
is open
to the
depths
something
in me
remembers
and will not
forget
when you
sleep and
know it not
the grey dog
creeps
among you
I think
in my
convulsion
the skies
would break
I was so
weary of
the world
I was so
sick of it
to me
all faces
are dark
all lips
are dusky
and valved
what has
happened
in the world
the women
are like
little
volcanoes
all more or
less in
eruption
am I lost?
has death
set me
apart
beforehand?
I am not
sure
I would
always
fight for
my life
life might
not be
worth
fighting for
o destiny
destiny
do you
exist
and can
a man
touch
your hand?
what is god
we shall
never know!
we feel
the sun
yet we are
not living
perhaps
we shall
come to
oblivion
the surface
of dreams
is broken
the picture
of the past
is shaken
and scattered
and everything
is gone
the body
is gone
completely
under
gone
entirely gone
so shall I
take my last
dear fuel
of life
to heap
on my soul
we’ve made
a great mess
of love
since we
made an
ideal of it
what we
need indeed
is a new
frame of
society
let us rally
for our
own sanity
and even
our collective
sanity
what are we
o what
are we
immaculately
conceived
ah death
death
you are no
solution!
all that
we have
while we
live
is life
now let me
be myself
in the being
one of
the gods
you don’t
know that
I exist
and I
don’t know
that you
exist
now then!

©robertolavidez2014


















No comments:

Post a Comment