Friday, December 07, 2012


            (life sentence)

             By Roberto Lavidez

                 i am a pronoun
        struggling to finish a sentence
              with an exclamation

with the daily routine of redundant verbs
  i couldn’t relax even for a brief period

most days are dragged by boring adjectives
                 and tedious commas
  i wish I could go back to the blank page
           and do it all over again

   i knew my introduction was contrived
    i didn't seem to make any sense at all

i actually dreamed of serving my sentence
                       in a novel
but my composition could not even begin
                     a short story
                what more with poetry

                           i’m afraid
i will gather dust in someone’s footnote
               and if I locked myself up in
                         parenthesis
      who is going to finish the sentence?

       
©robertolavidez2012      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment